Antique Furniture in Malta
This highly informative publication looks at furniture over the centuries, and was the catalogue that accompanied the major furniture exhibition held at St James Cavalier, Valletta. A team of authoritative scholars write about Maltese furniture, both domestic and ecclesiastical, while an experienced auctioneer looks at developments in the salerooms over the years. In addition, two experts from Sotheby’s in the United Kingdom write about English and European furniture.
- Joseph Galea Naudi – The Evolution of Maltese Furniture (p.9)
- Giovanni Bonello – For a History of Furniture in Malta during the Time of the Knights (p.27)
- John Azzopardi – Ecclesiastical Furniture: Documentary Evidence for Woodwork in the Mdina Cathedral (p.49)
- Megan B Aldrich – The Development of European Furniture c.1550 to c.1900 (p.73)
- Noel Riley – English Furniture 1660-1860 (p.93)
- Denise Micallef – Painted & Gilded Furniture (p. 113)
- Giovanni Bonello – The Maltese Carpenter’s Guild of 1632 (p.123)
- Joseph Sammut – The Evolving Market of Antique Maltese Furniture (p.133)
Edited By: John Manduca.
Publishers: Fondazzjoni Patrimonju Malti.
Format: Hardback, full colour
No of pages: 254